POST SEASON IN PARK CITY
Also known as spring …. “Sunny blue bird days with mixed rain, mini snow events and the resorts are closed for the season.”
We could have used a little more sun this winter; however no one, but no one complained about it with fresh powder as weekly event.
Our lodging companies boasted an increase in visitor nights which is always good for our resort economy
REAL ESTATE SALES
The increase in visitation may have inspired additional seasonal real estate sales with a 20% increase in closings and a 14% decrease in sold volume. Steep discounting on new developer products, some short sales, and bank properties contributed to a 28% decrease in the average sales price. Here are the first quarter2010 to 2011 comparison graphs. April 2011 Eblast Charts
Albeit fewer, there is still a terrific selection of homes, lots, and condo’s at price points from 2005. As is usually the case, the best are selling fast, and first, so just give us a call for the properties that fit your wish list.
Did we mention interest rates still at historic lows?
WHAT TO DO
The ski areas may be closed but check out the following fun stuff and enjoy the local’s perspective of Park City.
- Kimble Arts Center Open Mic Night … Live performances by local musicians, poets and story tellers.
- The Egyptian Theater …Upcoming, and the ever popular Park City Follies;”No Follies left Behind” visit www.ParkCityShows.com for more details.
- Park City Gallery Stroll …. A fun filled artful booze cruise around town.
- The Pony Express Exhibit ….A winner at thePark City Museum.
- PC Film Series … The King Speech and much much more.
For more information on these events, and others, go to www.ParkCityChamber.com.
For every property for sale on the planet go to www.homes-parkcity.com.
To speak to a human and for more real estate words of wisdom call ….
Tom Walsh 435-640-1400
Jessica Allen 435-659-1297