Residential construction started in the mid 70’s and included some Victorian Style architecture. There are three residential neighborhoods Prospector Village, Prospector Park and Chatham Hills. Condos range from studios to large three bedrooms and are found mixed in both the residential neighborhoods as well as nearer the shops and restaurants. Prospector Village is zoned for nightly rentals, allowing more mixed use.
The Prospector area is very convenient to three public schools (grades 1- 5, 7-8 and 10 -12) Students living here can easily ride a bike to school, with the exception of the two years they ride a school bus to Ecker Hill Middle School.
Park City’s Free Bus Service comes through Prospector taking riders almost anywhere in the city, to all three ski resorts and through much of this side of the County.
Another fine amenity enjoyed byPark City residents (especially those living in Prospector) is the Rail Trail. The Rail Trail starts at the western most end of Prospector, running through the neighborhood and continues for a total of 26 miles. From the Park City Marathon, to dog sled races, to a family out with their child in a stroller, the Rail Trail provides year round recreation and enjoyment.
Located within theParkCityLimits
This area is comprised of:
- 3 single family detached home neighborhoods
- 8 condominium neighborhoods
- 2 time share properties
The average prices are: (as of 8/31/10)
- Single Family detached $568,733
- Condos $159,309 (median price is $316,00
Neighborhood amenities and unique characteristics
- Rail Trail providing direct access to RoundValleyand Prospector Loop trail, www.mountaintrails.org
- Schools adjacent to neighborhood:
McPolin Elementary, http://mpes.pcschools.us/
TreasureMountainInternationalMiddle School, http://tmis.pcschools.us/
ParkCityHigh School, http://pchs.pcschools.us/
- Park City Yoga Studio www.ParkCityYogaStudio.com
- Park City Marriott www.ParkCityMarriott.com
- Silver Mountain Spa www.SilverMountainSpa.com
Two landscaped parks, one with a climbing arch, and the other with the newest playground equipment and plenty of room for the dog to run.
Year round paved trail access to schools andOldTown
* The above information is provided as an “approximate” guide to help in understanding the area. All of the information is subject to change at any time, so please verify anything that is important to you.